Are you considering remodeling your basement? An unfinished basement is damp and uninviting, but a renovation can bring new life to the lower floor of your home! In addition to giving your family more space to live, basement remodeling increases the value of your home. It’s the perfect way to expand the usable square footage in your home without building an add-on or moving out.
Stephens Remodeling has experience with custom home renovations dating back 25 years—and basement remodels are one of our specialties! Our talented craftsmen can execute high quality, high value remodels that will make the basement your new favorite place to hang out.
To schedule your free initial consultation with one of our basement remodeling specialists in Williamsburg, Virginia, contact us online or call us today at 757-209-2219.
Remodeling Your Basement
Safety is the number one concern when remodeling your basement. At Stephens Remodeling, we can help ensure the project meets local codes and standards in southeastern Virginia.
As you begin the basement remodeling process, you have many considerations to make. A professional from Stephens Remodeling is right there by your side to help answer the hard questions and ensure your finished basement meets your expectations for beauty and functionality.
When you meet us for your free initial consultation, we’ll discuss:
- Which finishes are best? Our professionals can guide you through gypsum board, paneling, trim, molding, and other finishing options. Make your decision based on your personal tastes and budget.
- How much insulation is needed? Comfort in the basement relies heavily on having a vapor barrier and adequate insulation. Stephens Remodeling professionals take of these necessities for you.
- How will you stay comfortable? It may be necessary to extend ductwork down into the basement for heating and cooling purposes.
- What are the lighting options? Unfinished basements often have nothing more than a light or two dangling from the ceiling. Beautiful lighting is possible, but electrical rewiring could be necessary. Let us know where you want light and we’ll make it happen.
- Can the window wells be changed? As part of your basement remodeling project, you may choose to replace unsightly metal window wells with tiered wooden planters or another more visually pleasing option.
- What about storage options? Up until now, the unfinished basement may have been a catch-all storage area. Our professionals can install beautiful, lasting storage solutions so your basement can remain a useful place to keep items when not in use.
- What are the options for installing a bathroom? It’s your decision whether you want a bathroom in the basement. Plumbing and extra hardware increase the investment needed for the remodel, but the addition of a bathroom allows the basement to be a veritable living space.
- What color scheme is best? This is a personal decision. The colors you choose may help the finished basement complement the décor in the rest of your home.
- What safety concerns come into play? Don’t fret over necessary safety installations such as carbon monoxide detectors, smoke alarms, and window wells. These are technicalities that our professionals can handle for you.
Why Choose Stephens Remodeling in Williamsburg, VA?
We specialize in adding value to your home by designing and building quality living spaces. For your peace of mind, Stephens Remodeling professionals:
- Are highly skilled craftsmen with years of experience doing basement remodels.
- Wear uniforms so you can easily identify our workers within your home.
- Don’t smoke, don’t swear, and dress cleanly. We never track foul odors or dirt into your home.
- Have access to the highest quality materials and tools for your basement remodeling project.
Contact us today or fill out the form to the right to begin the process of making your dream home a reality!