Half bathrooms, sometimes called powder rooms, are small but influential spaces in your home. Often, half baths are located on the ground floor for guest use. That’s why a half bath remodel is such a good investment—it helps you make a good impression on friends and family visiting your home and also increases your home’s value for years to come.
Even though it’s probably the smallest room in your home, the half bath could easily be the first room you have considered remodeling. You must conduct the process carefully in order to ensure a beautiful finished product. A successful half bath remodel includes the following steps:
- Picking a design and style
- Pinpointing the budget
- Choosing materials and finishes
- Settling on a reasonable timeline for the project
- Selecting a reputable bathroom remodeling company in Williamsburg, Virginia
At Stephens Remodeling, we have been designing and completing custom half bath renovations in the Hampton Roads area for over 25 years. Our craftsmanship is second to none, with highly trained workers who know how to deliver the best quality possible.
Call us today at 757-209-2219 to schedule a free consultation with our half bath remodeling specialists.
Pre-Planning a Successful Half Bath Remodel
Every step of the remodeling process is necessary to arrive at a satisfactory finished product, including the pre-planning phase. Before you decide which materials you want, answer the following questions to help you make the best choices:
- Is the bathroom primarily for guests?
- Where is the bathroom located, off the kitchen, by a mudroom entrance or near a formal foyer?
- What one or two upgrades do you insist on having?
- How much are you willing to alter the bathroom’s current layout?
- Do you need additional storage in the half bath?
- How much natural light enters the room?
In addition to helping you stay within the lines of good bathroom remodel logistics, answering these questions also helps you determine the best aesthetic and functional design to match the users’ needs.
Choosing the Right Materials and Finishes
The materials and finishes you select for the half bath impact every other important decision you have to make, such as budget, style, and timeline to completion. At Stephens Remodeling, we can help you choose the following items for your half bath:
- Toilet: New high-efficiency toilets save more water than standard low-flow toilets. The dual flush feature is a particularly useful water-saving feature.
- Sink and vanity: Whether you’re eyeing a sleek pedestal sink or considering a tiled countertop with vessel sink, we can help you find the right vanity style for your half bath.
- Cabinets and storage: You may want to keep some overstock items easily accessible in the half bath, such as extra toilet paper or towels, without being an eyesore. Our storage solutions can help you with your goals.
- Hardware and lighting: These small metal features make a huge difference in the final appearance of your remodeled half bath.
- Accents: Since the half bath is a miniaturized version of a full bathroom, it’s the perfect place to install ornamental tile, a fancy countertop or other feature that would be cost-prohibitive in a larger space.
Why Choose Stephens Remodeling for a Half Bath Renovation?
Our remodeling experts have years of experience completing countless half bath renovations in Williamsburg, Virginia. Our expert craftsmen always:
- Dress in uniform to make their presence in your home obvious.
- Avoid smoking, using bad language or tracking dirt into your home.
- Behave professionally and courteously.
- Use the finest quality materials and finishes to ensure long-lasting value.
To discuss your bathroom remodeling inspirations with Stephens Remodeling, please contact us today or fill out the form to the right.